Drax is keeping the lights on and supporting a bright future for the UK
Global leader in secure, renewable energy, carbon removals and the right biomass.
Drax plays a critical role in supporting UK energy security, providing more renewable power for the country than the next two generators combined. We’re investing £2.5bn in enhancing grid stability, boosting energy resilience and positioning the UK as a global leader in carbon capture and pumped storage hydro. Through pioneering green technology and innovation, we’re helping the UK decarbonise, creating a path to net zero and beyond.
At this critical time for Britain, Drax is:
- Bolstering UK security of supply
- Creating and supporting thousands of jobs across the UK
- Pioneering bioenergy with carbon capture and storage (BECCS) to help the UK decarbonise
- Making the UK a global leader in climate-saving technologies
- Supporting healthy, growing forests across the world
At a time of uncertainty around global fuel supplies, biomass and pumped storage hydro offer reliable sources of power to secure the UK electricity grid
Find out more: The role of biomass in securing reliable power generation
Click to view/download
Click here to view the three brochures: