Drax is enabling a zero-carbon, lower cost energy future
Our goals are to facilitate:
- A zero-carbon economy: Meeting climate change commitments and leaving our environment better than we found it
- A lower cost energy system: Ensuring the energy system becomes less expensive and helps rebalance the economy
- Greater security and control: Providing an abundant supply of renewable energy and giving customers greater control of their energy
Our strategic aims
- We will be the leading provider of power system stability: through a portfolio of dispatchable flexible assets – ours and our customers – we will support the system to decarbonise through the growth of intermittent renewable energy
- We will give all our customers control of their energy: through the provision of insight and digitisation we provide control over energy and access to markets to optimise energy use and lower costs
- We will build a long term future for biomass: building on our world class expertise, we believe biomass can deliver carbon negative dispatchable renewable energy
Our core activities
Our activities are underpinned by safety, sustainability, operational excellence and expertise in our markets.
We operate an integrated value chain across three principal areas of activity:
A leading producer of wood pellets from sustainable low-value commercial forestry residues.
Manufacture and supply of good quality wood pellets at the lowest cost to our Power Generation business for use in the generation of renewable electricity.
A portfolio of flexible, low carbon and renewable UK power generation.
A multi-site, multi-technology generation portfolio providing power and system support services to the electricity grid.
B2B Energy supply:
A leading supplier of renewable energy solutions to industrial and business customers.
Supplier of power, gas and value-adding services to industrial, corporate and small and medium-sized businesses, representing an 11% share of the B2B power market.