Drax is enabling a zero-carbon, lower cost energy future
Our goals are to facilitate:
- A zero-carbon economy: Meeting climate change commitments and leaving our environment better than we found it.
- A lower cost energy system: Ensuring the energy system becomes less expensive and helps rebalance the economy.
- Greater security and control: Providing an abundant supply of renewable energy and giving customers greater control of their energy.
Our strategic objectives
- Meeting the needs of a changing energy landscape and creating value for stakeholders
- Underpinned by safety, sustainability, operational excellence and expertise in our markets
- Moving from our 2016 EBITDA of £140m (2017: £229m) to our 2025 EBITDA ambition of £425m
Our core activities
We are supporting and facilitating the transition to a low-carbon economy through our core business activities:
- Pellet production – Manufacturing and supplying good quality, sustainably-sourced wood pellets for use in the generation of low-carbon electricity.
- Power generation – Producing flexible, low carbon and renewable electricity as well as providing system support services to the grid from a portfolio of biomass, hydro, gas and coal technologies. Generating more than 11% of the UK’s total renewable electricity.
- B2B Energy supply – Supplying power, gas and value-adding services to industrial, corporate and small businesses. Our assets represent 10% of the B2B power market, in which we’re the biggest supplier of renewable electricity.