If approved, the application would enable us to repower up to two existing coal-fired generating units (Units 5 and 6) at Drax Power Station with new gas turbines as well as build new battery storage and associated development.
Following a preliminary hearing on 1 October in Goole Leisure Centre, which interested parties were able to attend, the Inspectorate’s examination officially commenced on 4 October.
As part of this process, a number of hearings will take place in early December focusing on different aspects of the project.
These are as follows:
- Tuesday 4 December
- Open Floor Hearing, 3pm
- Wednesday 5 December
- Issue Specific Hearing, 10am
- Thursday 6 December
- Issue Specific Hearing, 10am (DCO only)
- Compulsory Acquisition Hearing, 2pm
A notice informing the public of these hearings has been placed in the Selby & Goole Times.
For more information on these hearings please contact the Case Manager for this application, Michele Smith, through the following:
- Post: National Infrastructure Planning, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Bristol BS1 6PN
- Email: DraxRefirstname.lastname@example.org