We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), and for the purposes of the Act the data controller is Drax Group plc.
We will never collect personal information unknowingly to the user or use any personal information for any but the intended purpose. If we want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Information you give us
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, applying for a job with us through the jobs.drax.com microsite or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph. We will use this to provide you with the information that you request from us, organise further contact/visits, and, where applicable, in connection with your application for employment, and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following user data, for the following purposes:
- technical information (such as the IP address and browser type); and
- information about your visit (such as the pages you request, clickstream to, through and from our site, download errors and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs)).
- This information is only processed in a way which does not identify individuals. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will use this information:
- to administer and improve our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- for the purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users’ interest. If you prefer to opt out of some third-party, interest-based advertising you may disable this in several ways:
- Through the Do Not Track functionality in your web browser. To do this, use a popular search engine and search for ‘Enable Do Not Track in my browser’. You will find resources to guide you through the process, and can reset your preferences or settings at any time by repeating these processes.
- Through the Digital Advertising Alliance’s consumer choice tool. You can find this at optout.aboutads.info to opt out of seeing interest-based advertising from participating companies in your current browser.
- On your mobile device. You can enable the ‘Limit Ad Tracking’ setting in your iOS phone’s settings, or the setting to ‘Opt out of Ads Personalisation’ in your Android phone’s settings.
Disclosure of your information
- You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
- selected third parties including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- where you have applied for employment, selected third parties that assist us with our recruitment processes.
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer; or
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites, which will have their own privacy policies for which we do not accept any responsibility or liability for. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.